Wednesday, April 30, 2008

President Bush: Not My Fault

Come to think of it, nothing's ever my fault. Always blame someone else for anything that I do wrong. Hey, I know! Congress! It's Congress' fault. Yeah, that's it!

NY Times:

In declining to embrace the word "recession," Mr. Bush said that many Americans were just beginning to receive their tax rebate checks as part of an $168 billion stimulus program, and that it would be some time before the effects of those checks on the economy were clear.

As for rising energy prices, including the eye-popping cost of filling up the gasoline tank, Mr. Bush said that "if there was a magic wand to wave, I'd be waving it, of course."

Once again, he chided Congress for not approving exploration for oil and gas in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, which he said could be done in an environmentally safe way, and for not sharing his belief in "clean, safe nuclear power."

Hey, I think it's working. Isn't it?

First Read:

The numbers? Only 21% approve of President Bush's job in handling the economy -- his lowest number ever as president on that question.

Also, a whopping 81% believe the US is currently in a recession.

Phew. Definitely it's working. Hey, maybe NBC will do my job approval tomorrow.

Man, I love being the President. You can get away with anything.

No comments:

Your Info